Sunday, May 10, 2015

Cross Country

Huffing and Puffing as I was struggling up the hill. Slowly thinking to myself,  how could we be back here again. My heart was hammering  and I could barely feel my legs, feeling unsure if the sky was going to be clear or if it was going to start pouring out of no where.

 The sound of the speeding feet that were passing me was like a switch of a light. Watching everyone run past me made me think that if they can do it Maybe I could too. Running up the hill was dreadful, but I knew that I couldn't let myself down so I picked myself up and showed that hill whose boss. Running cross country was one of my worse fears but I couldn't give up just yet.

Sprinting along the course pushing myself to the finish line was like trying to swim away from a great white shark. Felling dizzy and a bit notorious made me wonder if I was going to make it. On my third lap I felt a bit relived that I didn't give up because the truth is that I am small and I am skinning.

Running my last and final lap made me feel like there was a heavy burden that had just been carried off my shoulders. As i was running up the hill I could hear everyone cheering as I run past so I sprinted as fast as I could past the finish line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment